Railroad Forums 

• Looking for former Illinois Terminal locos for IRM

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#149002  by MR77100

As a member of the Illinois Railway Museum's Diesel Department, I am trying to locate some ex-Illinois Terminal diesels to see if they can be preserved. What do I need to do to carry out this procedure?

#152156  by mxdata

The best way I can find to do this is to go to Google search and type in "ex-Illinois Terminal" (in quotes), it turns up more than a page of listings.

#159085  by MR77100

I just want to let everyone know that I working with the Illinois Traction Society, Illinois Railway Museum, and Guilford Rail to preserve the last remaining ex-Illinois Terminal SD39. Stay tuned.