Railroad Forums 

• NH FL9 Spotted Near Newark

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1583297  by Pensyfan19

A New Haven FL9 (couldn't get the number) has been spotted behind a few tank cars on the outskirts of the NJT Meadowlands complex. Not sure how long it has been sitting there for, or when it will leave, but there was a CSX GP38 nearby it, but not attached to its train. Does anyone know where this FL9 is going to? Taken about an hour ago while on an eastbound Northeast Corridor route to Penn.
 #1583356  by Pensyfan19

I have been informed that the FL9 is number 2024 and it's going to the Maine and Eastern. Does anyone have any more info about this move, as well as possible operations of this FL9 on the M&E?
 #1583361  by R&DB

Pensyfan19 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:52 pm I have been informed that the FL9 is number 2024 and it's going to the Maine and Eastern. Does anyone have any more info about this move, as well as possible operations of this FL9 on the M&E?
I thought the M&E went out of business in 2015?
 #1583364  by ConstanceR46

Morristown and Erie most probably.

The Morristown & Erie operated the Maine Eastern - and sent their two operable FL9s there. They returned when it closed up shop and currently seem to be part of their normal power pool?

2024 is owned by Webb Rail, so i'd bet the M&E are serving as subcontractors for it's restoration - which will end in it running on the Berkshire Valley Scenic.
 #1583384  by amtrakhogger

It was still there this morning 10/25.
 #1583741  by Bracdude181

Isn’t Morristown and Erie bringing this engine to the Whippany Rail Museum for them to use it on their trains? That’s what I’ve heard.