Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak Experience Survey

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1527821  by John_Perkowski

So, I traveled round-trip from Kansas City to Galesburg at Thanksgiving, in sleeper. Having access to a parlor car space was a useful thing.

Today I got a request for a survey from Amtrak. It was some third-party vendor. I’m at the end of the survey, and the damn thing crashes. I don’t have time to take a survey twice. I sent a e-note to the vendor:
The survey crashed. Ergo, my assessment across the board moved to zero. Every question, mark it zero.

I’m an IT professional. If you cannot keep a database user input session running, why do you even exist, except to waste time and oxygen?

Sent from my iPad
John
 #1527834  by mtuandrew

Whenever I log into the Amtrak app (for iPhone, this may not happen for Android) it prompts me to accept the new terms and conditions. If I click yes, it tells me that their server had a malfunction... then asks me again next time I open the app.

Guess it isn’t just the customer satisfaction survey.
 #1527850  by Gilbert B Norman

I think all of these transportation and lodging providers do themselves a disservice bombarding their paying customers with their experiential surveys.

Worst I know is United Airlines; they're bombarding you as soon as your flight lands - and it sounds as if Amtrak, which I haven't used for almost two years (not a boycott, just no reason) is not far behind.

Major brand hotels I find are "nagging" me if I don't take their survey.

Well, at least if you drive somewhere, which I enjoy, but I accept my days of being able to do so are "numbered", you're not bombarded by every gas station at which you stop.
 #1527873  by bratkinson

I used to get those surveys in the mail on a regular basis. Then they started with email/online surveys.

Fortunately, I made AGR Select Plus status 4 years ago and haven't heard from them since. Apparently, my opinion doesn't count any more.
 #1528017  by David Benton

bratkinson wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:07 pm I used to get those surveys in the mail on a regular basis. Then they started with email/online surveys.

Fortunately, I made AGR Select Plus status 4 years ago and haven't heard from them since. Apparently, my opinion doesn't count any more.
Probably because they've got you. Most surveys are thinly veiled marketing .
 #1528950  by Hamhock

Gilbert B Norman wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:17 pmWorst I know is United Airlines; they're bombarding you as soon as your flight lands - and it sounds as if Amtrak, which I haven't used for almost two years (not a boycott, just no reason) is not far behind.
There’s a fairly tight timeframe where you can send a survey out to buyers and have it qualify as a transactional/service-related email; if they wait too long after the journey, it would be restricted to only those who have opted-in to receive commercial emails, which narrows their audience.