Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1463632  by lirrelectrician

This unit has been re=repainted all blue. It appears that upper management flipped out when they saw it. I dont know the whole story but it was pulled into the roundhouse in Morris park and repainted blue overnight on 2/28. When I saw it today is was all blue, no yellow.
Mike Scholz
 #1463642  by nyandw

lirrelectrician wrote:This unit has been re=repainted all blue. It appears that upper management flipped out when they saw it. I dont know the whole story but it was pulled into the roundhouse in Morris park and repainted blue overnight on 2/28. When I saw it today is was all blue, no yellow.
Mike Scholz
Yipes, Perhaps we can have a new paint scheme posted as of 3/01/2018?
 #1463731  by Backshophoss

That Blue "DIP" should start peeling paint in 8-10 months,as do most "quick and dirty" brush paint jobs! :P :P :P
Should have left it in Grey/Yellow!
 #1463765  by mirrodie

Well that escalated quickly.
 #1463842  by workextra

Grey and yellow in a nice nod to the L&N

The NYA Painted grey and orange was fine. Allnit needed was a dashing dan decal and “Long Island” lettering. A respectable nod to history coating LIRR little More then a few stickers which cost is negligible.
 #1463854  by tahawus84

I feel they should put the resources into painting the more visible MP15 fleet. The Jamaica protect engine always looks horrible. It really make me feel like the railroad takes no pride in how they maintain their equipment.
 #1463871  by LINYARailfan

tahawus84 wrote:I feel they should put the resources into painting the more visible MP15 fleet. The Jamaica protect engine always looks horrible. It really make me feel like the railroad takes no pride in how they maintain their equipment.
Indeed correct the Jamaica Protect locomotive always looks hooorible! Especially when the 160 is the Jamaica Protect! When the LIRR leaves the 160 outside of Jamaica during the AM Rush, hundreds of thousands of commuters pass through Jamaica during the AM rush and when they see the 160 with a beyond horrendous paint job (or no paint at all) its an eyesore to the commuters and they say to themselves "WHAT THE HECK IS THIS! THEY DON'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO PAINT THEIR LOCOMOTIVES! WHERE IS ALL MY BI-ANNUAL MONEY I PAY IN MONTHLY TICKET FARES TO THE MTA GOING TOWARDS! And they get angry and get a bad impression on the MTA.
What I am trying to imply is that basically the LIRR does this as an excuse to say that they have no money...even with the bi-annual fare hikes?