Railroad Forums 

• Metro North M of E electrician test

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1437163  by mikewrx90

Hello everyone, i will be taking the Metro North M of E electrician test next Tuesday and i am hoping someone on here can give me some in-site on what to study, and what will be on the test. Ive been applying for Metro North for over a year now and finally got an invitation for a test so i am taking this very seriously. Any pointers would be much appreciated!
 #1437340  by Noel Weaver

On Metro-North you will be working with electricity as high as 12,000 volts AC and there is danger within two feet so you had better be studying everything and not be dependent upon responses on here which is a railfan site. What you learn beforehand can save your life. I remember many years ago when the New Haven had to send two electricians over to Penn Station for a problem with a motor, they climbed to the roof and got eleven thousand volts, both were killed and I knew both of them. What you don't know is what can kill you. Again, study everything and not just is on the examination, good luck!!
Noel Weaver
Last edited by Noel Weaver on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1437378  by mikewrx90

Trust me, I totally understand and have been studying all week on everything i possibly can. I was just seeing if i can get a little more info on here to have an advantage to pass the test since i really want this position. Thanks for your input!