Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1434973  by kilroy

Wearing a little more white and a lot less dirt than back in the day.
 #1435069  by TOMSTV1

They are a railroad repair company, they may be out to check the line, and upgrade it. Maybe headed south of Lakewood to put track back together ?
 #1435194  by RailsEast

In addition to regular Conrail hi-rail inspections, Holland performs in-depth inspection of the line, although I do not know how often they are on the property. Did the truck you saw look like this?

http://njtwom.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... id=3024584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would assume that this vehicle is a little like a Sperry Railcar (although probably not as technologically advanced), but I have no further info to share.......
Chris
 #1435657  by OCtrainguy

Thanks for the update on the train today. One of these afternoons I hope to be able to see the SA31.

And it was neat (though for an unfortunate reason) seeing those photos of the CNJ in Eatontown. Between the two Jersey City to Bridgeton trains (one each way), extra sand trains and the locals between Red Bank, Lakehurst and Toms River, there were a respectable amount of trains to be seen. I am just thankful we still have a train to see.
 #1436381  by NJT4149

Permission to open CHURCH 4:04 PM
Lined and locked normal 4:17 PM
 #1436386  by gravelyfan

NJT4149 wrote:Permission to open CHURCH 4:04 PM
Lined and locked normal 4:17 PM
NS 5283 shf plus 9 (including a tank)
Two NS boxcars - possibly brick?
 #1436389  by RailsEast

Thanks for the assist, gravely, I'm stuck at work; brick cars are 'usually' CUOH or RBOX marks. It is a bit unusual to see NS boxcars....anyone in Farmingdale today?
 #1436391  by NJT4149

RailsEast wrote:Thanks for the assist, gravely, I'm stuck at work; brick cars are 'usually' CUOH or RBOX marks. It is a bit unusual to see NS boxcars....anyone in Farmingdale today?
I will be in Farmingdale later. I plan to chase from Farmingdale to the Lakewood border.
 #1436403  by R&DB

Gravely,
NO bricks today. Brick car is always 1st in the consist. The 2 NS boxcars were numbers 6 &7. So 8 Woodhaven and 1 tank at the end. Also there is never more than i brick car in the consist because that is all that Extech can fit at their loading dock.
I was track-side in Eatontown.