Railroad Forums 

• Garden State Secondary changes

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1431868  by RailsEast

Per legitimate sources, and thanks to NJT4149, Conrail WPOI-16 has been abolished effective today. The new world order will be PR-32, on duty at Port Reading Yard at 7:30am, running north to Oak Island to set out cars, and pick up inbound Port Reading and Browns cars. The returning PR-32 will terminate at Port Reading. New crew PR-52 will leave Port Reading at 7:30pm or so and run to Browns, then return to Port Reading. Nothing really new, just the start locations and on duty times.

Unfortunately, no more photo ops of OI-16 in the late afternoon sun entering Browns, as all former OI-16 moves will now be made after dark in Sayreville.
The end of an era, at least as far as train symbols go; OI-16 has been around for what, 30 years or more?

Chris
 #1431907  by joesirr

Chris,
I've been hearing some PR numbers I haven't heard before, usually @ 1-2 am. I've written them down but in NJ til Fri night. Will post when I get back to S.I.
 #1433474  by NJT4149

bluedash2 wrote:Anyone see what time they return to PR? I also guess they don't use the same power anymore?
Power has been NS 1700 and NS 3365 lately. The PR-32 crew ran light from Browns back to PR in daylight this past Sunday. Last night I heard PR-52 call the Coastline dispatcher with what sounded like 42 cars for Browns...