Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1404893  by Train2009

As per The Unofficial Metro North Railroad group on Facebook there will be a Charter train on the Harlem Line to Wassaic this Saturday morning 10/15 when it leaves GCT at 9:30 AM. It will have #211 on the south end, 3 Inspection cars and Shoreliner MOUNTAIN LAUREL" 6251 in the middle and #402 on the north end. This is for a Special Leaf Watching.
 #1405141  by Train2009

I saw the train this morning at Katonah this morning headed north at 10:41 AM it did had #211 on the south and #214 leading on the north end. It left Wassaic at 5:55 PM this evening for the trip back to GCT.
Last edited by GirlOnTheTrain on Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: You don't need to quote yourself either.
 #1405359  by NaugyRR

I caught it somewhere on the lower Harlem on my way to the city Saturday. I left on the 8AM through-train out of Wassaic. The only reason I even really noticed it at speed was the fluted-sides on the inspection cars and the trailing dual-mode caught my eye. I'm starting to become pretty complacent as a railfan, even the BL14's in GCT are no longer as interesting to me, haha.