Railroad Forums 

• New Hampshire Central Railroad (NHCR) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1381953  by newpylong

FYI - most empty/residue placarded cars need to be buried by at least 1 car from the engines or occupied caboose.

Loaded cars have to be buried by 5 cars if train length permits (ie if there are 5 non hazmat cars in the train to use as spacers). This is why they get away with only using 1 spacer in unit trains.

There are exceptions to the rule - some placarded cars are not considered hazmat like the Sodium Chlorate (UN 1495)hoppers and hot asphalt tankers (UN 3257) - they can all go right next to the engines.
 #1382835  by bigfreight

Was up in Groveton this morning NHCR 7324 and 1 boxcar was down at the end of the yard. SLR must have picked up the tank cars over the weekend. The was a pile of new ties laying by the siding for the NHCR. SLR Track truck was parked up the crossing. Looks like NHCR will be running this week maybe.
 #1384548  by RRFAN

I was in Whitefield, NH this morning and I was coming up to the crossing on route 3 next to dunkin donuts. I look at the crossing and I see dirt pick up between the rail and the road, like a high rail truck or something went through.
 #1387146  by bigfreight

7324 came south thru on Wednesday at 0730AM with 1 Boxcar and returned north at 1230PM with 20 Tank cars. This morning 7324 came back south pushing the 20 tank cars. They are now placing the cars on the siding behind Go Go Gas. Not real sure whats happening with that. At 1050 AM they went north with 8 tank cars leaving the rest on the siding behind GO GO Gas.
 #1389930  by bigfreight

NHCR 7324 came south thru Lancaster at 1250PM headed south with one covered hopper. I do not know if that was a spacer car for the tank cars or a car for Presby Plastics. Presby has been getting pellets delivered to the old Issacson Steel plant in Berlin by the SLR.
 #1390244  by svobronco

SLA 3007 sitting near the engine house in N Stratford as of this morning. Also the Whitefield yard east and south of the bridge have recently been clear cut and mowed. I haven't seen it this well groomed in a long time.