Railroad Forums 

• HEADS UP: Heritage Units on NS Southern Tier

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1385609  by C2629

Flat-Wheeler wrote:Just saw the NS Central of RR of Georgia unit roll by with a CN unit and 154 big cars. :P
A post such as this is basicly worthless, no location is given or train information.
 #1385814  by Flat-Wheeler

Don't know what symbol it was, didn't have a working scanner this time. Just went to grab some food 9:30 one morning at a nearby gas station in Reece City (35904) and saw a headlight approaching. So I scrambled to find a spectator spot. It was southbound between Fort Payne and Attalla. Good luck. :P
 #1385850  by C2629

Flat-Wheeler wrote:Don't know what symbol it was, didn't have a working scanner this time. Just went to grab some food 9:30 one morning at a nearby gas station in Reece City (35904) and saw a headlight approaching. So I scrambled to find a spectator spot. It was southbound between Fort Payne and Attalla. Good luck. :P
I dont recognize either of those towns, are they east or west of Binghamton NY ?
 #1385895  by CPSmith

Flat-Wheeler wrote:Don't know what symbol it was, didn't have a working scanner this time. Just went to grab some food 9:30 one morning at a nearby gas station in Reece City (35904) and saw a headlight approaching. So I scrambled to find a spectator spot. It was southbound between Fort Payne and Attalla. Good luck. :P
Yeah, ha, ha, ha ... This is the NYS forum. Get your head out of your butt.
 #1389018  by Matt Langworthy

it's been a while without a heritage unit, but the Southern unit is on her way to the Tier. She is the 2nd engine of 2 on NS 310 this evening. Hopefully, #8099 will stick around the Elmira/Gang Mills area for a while.
 #1389215  by Matt Langworthy

No luck! The Southern unit went all the way to Binghamton on NS 310 and was apparently part of the power for local 10A today. According to a couple of sources I trust, #8099 may lead NS 309 on Sunday. FYI -the crew for NS 309 reports in Binghamton at 2 AM. The train gets to Gang Mills around 6 or 7 AM on most days, and passes through the Alexander area about 2 hours afterward. Happy hunting!
 #1389406  by Matt Langworthy

Owing to a damaged switch, #8099 is still in Northumberland, PA. With that being said, the Southern unit should lead the next local 11A back to Binghamton, and will then probably lead NS 309 west.
 #1392557  by Matt Langworthy

NS 37T departed CP Erwin a little over an hour ago with the DL&W unit as the 3rd unit of 3. Sunset is just a little less than 90 minutes way, so there's plenty of time to catch #1074 on the Tier in daylight.
 #1392725  by Matt Langworthy

The Lackawanna unit won't be coming east on the Tier for the time being. Number 1074 was added to NS 205 earlier today and should be in Chicago soon.
 #1398459  by Matt Langworthy

The N&W unit should get to Owego in about 45 minutes. The crew went on duty at 11:45 AM in Bison Yard, but NS 28N got held up for 287 near Buffalo (Broadway?) and then for MOW at Swain.
 #1398944  by Matt Langworthy

The N&W unit is leading NS 287 tonight. The train is still in central MA right now. so I'm thinking #8103 will probably get to Binghamton in the middle of the night.