Railroad Forums 

• Largest NE Bridge Steel Fabricator to Begin Shipping by Rail

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1385380  by F-line to Dudley via Park

newpylong wrote:101-119 Industrial Park Rd, Saco, ME 04072

In the Maine State Grant article it mentioned extending the Saco Industrial to reach Casco Bay Trucking. Is this the location? Will Casco Bay Steel also be able to use rail?
If that's the parcel I think it is, then the two businesses are right next door to each other and the extension from end-of-track would cross Casco Bay Transportation's driveway to get to Casco Bay Steel. It's a two-for-one job to give them both their own switches off a 500+ ft. extension of new stick.
 #1385418  by Mikejf

According to google maps, this is on the other end. There was an old siding there that went to a warehouse. Siding has been OOS for years. Casco Bay Trucking is not Casco Bay Steel. Could this be a new old transload facility again?
 #1385434  by newpylong

The address did not pull up correctly - yes on the other end, the very end of the Saco Industrial. The article says it's being extended to Casco Bay Transportation, on left, and Casco Bay Steel on the right. It looks like Casco Bay Steel is currently unloading in the lot further south? Did the track get extended into both properties? I don't see any remnants of a previous track, I think this is all new.

Also who is the lumber company with the center beam spotted on the branch? That might pose a problem with active customers to the north lol.