Railroad Forums 

• CSX signal replacement across New York State

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1380582  by scottychaos

smph50 wrote:Hi All!
When "TOMT7X" Dave started this discussion on Feb 09, 2012, I said to myself what a great idea! I gotta start doing that in the Buffalo area like the great job Scot L. did in the Rochester region. I had "bagged" one bridge way back in 2002 and a few way back on slides but nothing new until June 2012 when I got 3. I figured I had plenty of time until read about the bridge at MP-427.1, I knew time was running out!
Great work Scott! :)
Between the two of us, we will have everything covered between Lyons and Buffalo! that's excellent..
how far west are you planning to go?

Scot
 #1380609  by smph50

Thank you Scot, Charlie, MacTraxx and ctclark1 for your positive and informative feedback!

The signal gangs are at and past the Amtrack station in Depew still burying cable and digging foundations but have not removed any of the old GRS units yet.

I plan on following the main line through the city getting photo's of whats left but there is already a lot of new stuff. It would be great if I could cover all of Erie County but time is not on our side.

S' Scott
 #1386411  by scottychaos

Hey everyone, I started the webpage I promised awhile back! for all my photos from 2012..
check it out! :)
More photos to come soon..

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/scotty ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks,
Scot
 #1398155  by sd80mac

nick_anshant wrote:
sd80mac wrote:So I guess that Saturday evening wouldn't be worth it to go out as I am planning to...
This coming Saturday evening should be no different than any other Saturday evening.

Nick
thanks.

turn out I had some car trouble (flat tires - yes plural - regular one and then spare tire following day) so I didn't go out... OH well...
 #1406800  by SST

I was just in N. Tonawanda at Robinson Rd [West Rock Co.] and there are new vador signals installed [N14?]. They are not operational yet as they are turned perpendicular to the track. The original signal is still in place.