Railroad Forums 

• Saturday's Conrail Shared Assets/Amtrak special?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1354815  by NJT4149

I heard a complete tour of North Jersey Shared Assets, with checkpoints (I guess that's the right word) being Philly, Croxton, Sayreville, Bound Brook/Manville (via the PRS) and Newark (via Lehigh Line). That's just hearsay but it does seem to have a high probability of being legit...
 #1355363  by RailsEast

Conrail ran a special like this back in 2013, although I'm not sure if the E's came to the Amboy Secondary that day; I do know for sure that they traveled the GS Secondary and the PR Secondary. I thought the last special was for the American Association of RR Superintendents; someone else may have further info on todays movement.

As she looked heading east out of Browns Yard, after lunch in Jamesburg earlier in the day........

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=4334806" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris
 #1355504  by RailsEast

A truly special day on this leg of their journey, former PRR E8's on former PRR trackage (Essay to Jamesburg [CSAO Amboy Secondary] & return). From online reports, The Lexington Group, a transportation history related organization, had their annual meeting in Newark this weekend, and brought Mr. Levin's E8's to this area, with the cooperation of Conrail Shared Assets Operations. Very much 'under the radar' for railfans, special thanks to the FB & Yahoo groups for the location postings, and to Railroad.net (Steamtown Observer, NJT4149) for bringing attention to this move.
Thanks also to Tony K for the 'reports from the field'....much appreciated, sir....

Chris
 #1355675  by jDubz411

Congrats to everyone who got pics that day. I've been admiring some of the images on Railpictures.net. Wish I could have added my own, but timed it too early (by 2hrs) and could not wait around. Hopefully there will be a next time.