Railroad Forums 

• Surviving Silverliner IIs and IIIs

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1361304  by glennk419

The last I heard, fire damaged SLII 257 was still at Overbrook for insurance / litigation purposes. Not sure if it was finally scrapped. The latest Google Earth image does show what appears to be a lone SLII sitting west of the shops.
 #1361407  by ex Budd man

There was a II and a III at Wayne Junction before I retired in early December. I believe 9001, 269 and a unnumbered III are all that remain.
 #1361427  by glennk419

ex Budd man wrote:There was a II and a III at Wayne Junction before I retired in early December. I believe 9001, 269 and a unnumbered III are all that remain.
Congratulations on your retirement and thank you for all of the "insider" information over the years.
Last edited by glennk419 on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1361655  by aem7ac921

R36 Combine Coach wrote:The scrap program ended by early 2014, a handful remain on property still. 9001 is a preserved unit.
I heard that the Railroad Museum of PA was supposed to receive 9001. Any idea when that will take place?
 #1361669  by glennk419

aem7ac921 wrote:
R36 Combine Coach wrote:The scrap program ended by early 2014, a handful remain on property still. 9001 is a preserved unit.
I heard that the Railroad Museum of PA was supposed to receive 9001. Any idea when that will take place?
Is it going to RRMPA or RCTHS in Hamburg? If 269 is still intact, it would seem to make more sense to send that to Strasburg and 9001 to the Reading Museum.
 #1361942  by R36 Combine Coach

I believe it is a PHL Airport unit (232-239) series. 232, 233, 234 and 237 were scrapped rather early in the program (2011), 239 also went out as well. This leaves three possibilities.
 #1361971  by rslitman

I recall seeing here around the time it happened that 269 was on one of the scrap trains to Northern New Jersey. In fact, if I recall correctly, it was one of several twos and threes stored for a while in the Woodbourne yard.