Railroad Forums 

• Work on the Trenton sub

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1352954  by Gone2long

Have a friend who is a sub-contractor working on the Trenton Sub lowering the track bed for double stacks, has anybody have any idea what the hog pile of what looks like used/recycled ballast (gotta be 20 plus loads) is for at the 90 footer on Krewstown Road? does not seem to be coming from the immediate area and it is coming from tri-axles from the street not from the right of way. Someone told me they are producing an access point/connector for road equipment but not sure how accurate that is.
 #1355844  by scotty269

There's been some construction equipment right before the Krewstown overpass for several months now. Very interested in what the timeline is for the project in the area.
 #1355854  by Gone2long

Yeah I've been watching for awhile now, man they move slow I'm not sure if they are just using the spot as some type of material holding area for all that ballast or something else?
 #1355874  by pumpers

My understanding is that the clearance project for double-stacks on the Trenton Sub has been complete for several months now - no more sending things from Wood out to Abrams and then the highline through Philly. Is that correct? JS
 #1355903  by Gone2long

Well I heard that too just can't confirm as I have not seen a double stack yet, but I don't think what I'm seeing at Krewstown is related although I may be wrong, one of the kids told me about the access point idea just not sure how reliable that is?
 #1360080  by Gone2long

Any news on double stacks haven't seen one yet? No movement at the Krewstown jobsite either with the exception that it appears the equipment has been removed.
 #1360100  by pumpers

The new Railpace was in yesterday's mail with about an 8-page article about the Septa-CSX "divorce" from West Trenton to Wood, with lots of pictures. Jim S