Railroad Forums 

• NS/DLW washington line

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1328465  by pdtrains

Seems they may have changed the operating schedule for the washington Local. Not using the H numbers, cause they are crew specific, not operationally specific. i.e., its usuall the H65 crew,. but can be the H74 crew, or whomever. But its the washington local im talking about here.

Anyway, currently seems like its...to Washington on Sunday, taxi back. Taxi out on monday, train wb to allentown, Tuesday...train to washington, taxi back, etc, etc. At least that's how it seems now. 3 days a week out, 3 days back. The taxi out to washington crew seems to arrive around 12 noon. Yesterday and today the local has 1 unit, an SD-40 facing east. Only 9 cars yesterday. 4 gonds (M/W prob) and 1 cov hopper for the dover drill, and 4 tank for basf.
 #1328475  by pdtrains

Cud be. 12 cars for dover drill on sunday. Mabye half of them for the M&E. Just 1 car of plastic pellets on tues, which cud be for an NS anyway.
Usually traffic picks up in the spring. I dunno.
 #1328489  by pdtrains

2pm tda.. crew at washington taking lunch. train together and ready to go west..
NS 3360 LHF (sd-40-2)
3 empty lumber flats
3 box cars
9 cov hopper
4 tank from BASF
 #1333805  by CNJ Fan 4evr

I haven't heard them blow for Rosebury St. in P'burg yet. They have been getting later on Sundays. Usually a longer train on Sundays too. Been taking ties up lately too.
At least the taxi job isn't like the old L&HR job. Take train from Franklin to Allentown and taxi back and vice versa. That had to take up a lot of time.