• New Amtrak Catenary Geometry Car?!

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by ThirdRail7

Thank you for the pictures. The actual catenary inspection car 10005 was supposed to show up, but couldn't make it unfortunately. Hopefully, we'll get an interior glimpse of it soon.
  by acelaphillies

chuchubob wrote:
acelaphillies wrote:A year ago on NTD I started this topic. Have there been any new developments associated with the 10004 within the last year? How is the new car coming along?
Posted in the National Train Day 2014 thread:
chuchubob wrote:10004 Theater car was open for inspection.
Thanks Bob, I had the privilege to tour it as well. It was cool to be able to go inside of it at train day after hearing about the new cars a few years ago at train day.
  by gregorygrice

Just released from Bear and currently at Race St.

*NOT MY PHOTOS (a friend's)
  by DutchRailnut

no pantograph just electronic gear to scan wire?
  by Backshophoss

10005 was coupled to V II bag ,nice job of plating over the cab and doors on the A end.
  by Matt Johnson

Backshophoss wrote:10005 was coupled to V II bag ,nice job of plating over the cab and doors on the A end.
Might have already been done, if this was one of the "Michigan coaches" as previously reported. Looks really sharp! I love to see the Budd Metroliners living on in some form.
  by ApproachMedium

This is by far the ugliest car I have ever seen.
  by ThirdRail7

I think photo opportunities will exist for this elusive car in the near future.
  by gregorygrice

ThirdRail7 wrote:I think photo opportunities will exist for this elusive car in the near future.
Ooooo
  by ApproachMedium

ThirdRail7 wrote:I think photo opportunities will exist for this elusive car in the near future.

Bring the junk camera, this things so ugly it might break the lens.
  by ApproachMedium

Last night it went west alone behind an engine towards philly.
  by ThirdRail7

ApproachMedium wrote:

Bring the junk camera, this things so ugly it might break the lens.

Maybe they made it better looking since we last saw it. At any rate, today is the day to find out. Video is appreciated.
  by gregorygrice

Since my photos have been posted here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWhUAGF ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ThirdRail7, I had no choice but to do the Mets today because it ran behind 83. Had it been on the "normal" test schedule I would've chase it.