• New Amtrak Catenary Geometry Car?!

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Backshophoss

This is just a thought,the 10002 might be due for upgrade/overhaul of it's on board systems, certain parts can be
recalibrated only x many times, this time the only option is replacement. :wink:
  by ApproachMedium

Just to settle anyone's uncertainty about what the 10004 is, it is now listed in the timetable as the VIEWLINER inspection car.

With that posting 62091 was also removed from the roster permanently.
  by acelaphillies

ApproachMedium wrote:Just to settle anyone's uncertainty about what the 10004 is, it is now listed in the timetable as the VIEWLINER inspection car.

With that posting 62091 was also removed from the roster permanently.
Interesting, thanks for the update!
  by electricron

It would be nice if someone could post a photo of 1004. ;)
  by Matt Johnson

Any word on the fate of the other Viewliner prototype sleeper?
  by ApproachMedium

I have photos of the 2300 but I cant share them online unfortunately. However, i have no idea where it is. The 2300 was last seen inside the bear shops last summer. When i visited the shop in October it was nowhere inside the shop building and nowhere on the property where i was toured. I wonder if its either been scrapped or sent back to beech grove? It is no longer at the wilmington engine shops. Instead in its place, is a non revenue Horizon coach.
  by acelaphillies

ApproachMedium wrote:It is no longer at the wilmington engine shops. Instead in its place, is a non revenue Horizon coach.
Yes, Horizon Coach 54564. When I was in Wilmington last May I did not actually see the 2300 in my portion of the tour, just the 54564. However, an employee said that the 2300 was still there. I'm pretty sure I also saw it in early December alongside the ROW on a siding next to Wilmington, but I only got a quick glance. If you say that it has since moved though, I believe you. That is just the last sighting that I know of.
  by Backshophoss

Is the blind end of a Viewliner considered the "B" end?
Have a spare Viewliner shell handy for a kitbash project. :wink:
  by ACeInTheHole

Theres a pic on Facebook that was posted recently in one of the rail groups showing 10002 trailing on train #171 with its pantograph removed.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

ACeInTheHole wrote:Theres a pic on Facebook that was posted recently in one of the rail groups showing 10002 trailing on train #171 with its pantograph removed.
saw the Corridor Clipper yesterday morning @ South Station, sitting on trk 6 bringing up the rear on train #171...pantograph is indeed removed
  by ApproachMedium

Backshophoss wrote:Is the blind end of a Viewliner considered the "B" end?
Have a spare Viewliner shell handy for a kitbash project. :wink:

LOL B ends are always refered to as the end with the hand brake. B for brakes. Some times with that the air brake rack or valve is located there as well. The Viewliner cars all have their handbrakes in the vestibule as does pretty much every other single vestibule car running around today. So its safe to say the B end is the end with the doors.

Amfleet Is its the end opposite the bathrooms. (opposite the Amtrak logo end)
  by ThirdRail7

electricron wrote:It would be nice if someone could post a photo of 1004. ;)
If someone is out west, they may get a chance to take a picture next week.
  by ApproachMedium

There are two cars here, there is a 10004 and a 10005. One is a viewliner and one is something else. Supposedly the viewliner one was spotted in DC a few weeks ago but of course nobody has any photos.