Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#1170083  by wizefoam

I have heard that as part of Canadian Pacific's "right sizing", along with closing 5 hump yards they will also be skipping some crew changes and running crews longer. Has anyone heard anymore on this, or which crew changes the will now be skipping, and when it comes into affect?
This is really sad news
 #1174305  by CPHOG

nope they are just shutting down yards now, they just axed humbolt in minneapolis, they cant make us run longer until we get a new contract, they are just dowsizing yards left and right in superior we have 5 guys left, axed em in glenwood, well everywhere bud, are road crews still have the same runs/distances, i think hunter is planning it though, and when our contract expires in 2016 thats what we'll be doing
 #1175327  by CPRail5657

Word is that there is an ad out for crews to "run long" over the Ignace and Kaministiqua Subdivisions, and management trains are testing times between new crew change points in Southern Ontario. Change is coming.
 #1176676  by CPHOG

I wouldnt know anything about the canadian side of CP, what kind of Contract they have between the union and the company, im sure if they tried to buy us out of this one, and gave us the one the CN has, we would be able to do that, but for now just a ton of dumb rules and regs being implemented to get rid of people, i havent seen so many investigations in my career, I think they are just trying to break us down mentally so we can give up work rules when our contract expires or make us do so much nonsense work we FORGET about the work rukes and arbitrations that have been set between the company and the BLE and UTU.............