Railroad Forums 

• BNSF Start Date notice question

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1119367  by Reinitz070210

We are knew to this site and new to the RR industry. My husband has recently received a conditional offer from BNSF. We are a family of 3 and my husband is in the Army Reserves.

We received this email when inquiring about the progress of the hiring process: "You are qualified to come to work; although, you will not receive a final offer letter with more information from us until closer to the start date of January. You have fulfilled all of our requirements at this time. Please continue to watch your e-mail as more information will be coming your way. Thank you."

That was late November. This position for Conductor in Sioux City, IA. We are just wondering how long they usually wait to give notice of a start date? I ask because we live in FL and he would like to try to start making arrangements to be present for the start date.

Let me know if you need any more info on my end to better answer my question. Thanks to anyone who can assist.