Railroad Forums 

• CMSL service Rio Grande to Cape May

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1110905  by EDM5970

Last season CMSL operated for the first few weekends with the CNJ Geep on the North end to take care of any rusty rail. Even in PRSL days there were issues with the Budd cars activating crossing signals, even after a long weekend with no service. I have no idea what plans CMSL has for this season, however.
 #1111227  by glennk419

JJMDiMunno wrote:Well there won't be any rusty rail after tonight - NS 502 rolling southbound through Hi-Nella at 12:14AM 11/23, bound for the plant.
Thanks Mike. Guess that's answers the inspection question. ;)
 #1111298  by rrbluesman

The Santa Trains Schedules are posted today, saw in in a facebook advert as I am friends with CMSL. Doesn't seem like they are going to have a lot of time to advertise for the trains posting the schedules so late.
 #1112761  by conductor18

CMSL will again operate Santa Express trains between Tuckahoe and Richland beginning this Saturday, Dec. 1, through Sunday Dec. 23. There will also be a few weeknight Starlight Santa Express trains.

PRR 7000, CNJ 1523, RDCs M407 and M410, NYC cafe 37, and LIRR lounge 2786 are being used this year.

Tickets are on sale now:

www.the-santa-express.com

Curt
 #1118462  by glennk419

Story in the Press this past Sunday regarding Tony's never ending optimism and the future of operations. Nice to see that CMSL is still getting some publicity and hope this leads to another record Santa season.

"A.C. “Tony” Macrie thought 30 years ago that he could run a viable private railroad company in Atlantic and Cape May counties, and he still thinks he can."

Full story: http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news ... 963f4.html

Of course they had to mention Voll the Troll in the story as well.
 #1118540  by bystander

I just read the artical and wonder if the guys that stole the track plates ever had a trial. Tjhey should be sentanced to hard labor, buying the parts and fixing the track that they ruined. That would be fair, rignt?
 #1118546  by glennk419

bystander wrote:I just read the artical and wonder if the guys that stole the track plates ever had a trial. Tjhey should be sentanced to hard labor, buying the parts and fixing the track that they ruined. That would be fair, rignt?
Not in today's entitlement mindset..... I'm sure it will be the railroad's fault for just having those tracks there for all to steal from.
 #1119323  by Ken W2KB

bystander wrote:I just read the artical and wonder if the guys that stole the track plates ever had a trial. Tjhey should be sentanced to hard labor, buying the parts and fixing the track that they ruined. That would be fair, rignt?
Someone may have the actual knowledge as to whether a trial took place or is scheduled. However, it should be noted that trails are relatively rare, as most criminal matters are settled in a plea bargain without any trial.
 #1122312  by atlantis

Sometimes I wonder if Mr. Von Roll is quietly applauding the rail thieves since that was a contributing factor for CMSL not running trains to Cape May City this year. Just my cynical, unscientific, humble opinion. BTW, the speeders @ Cape May City were, IMHO, a good move by the railroad to "show the flag."
 #1122343  by atlantis

Mr Voll, I stand corrected, not Von Roll. don't know why I post it that way, anyway, it's true some people are just anti-rail, plain and simple. Shame on the railway for being there before these elistists even came into existence!
 #1122423  by glennk419

EDM5970 wrote:von Troll may have silently cheered the vandals on? No, never, not possible. No career professional politician would ever stoop that low. Or would they---?
Wellll, the thieves WERE from Lower Township..... I'm going to guess that the party who pled was the junkyard owner who may have had a (otherwise) legitimate business.
 #1124138  by south jersey trains

I read where they are going to remove some track to Beasleys Point power plant(sadly) and put a gas pipeline in its place.Maybe they can use the ties and rails that they remove to improve some of the track from Tuckahoe to Cape May.
 #1124171  by glennk419

south jersey trains wrote:I read where they are going to remove some track to Beasleys Point power plant(sadly) and put a gas pipeline in its place.Maybe they can use the ties and rails that they remove to improve some of the track from Tuckahoe to Cape May.
Not a bad idea but unfortunately, every spike they pull from the power plant branch is going to make it that much tougher to keep this line viable in the future once we lose CSAO's traffic and stewardship. With all the investment that they've put into this line in the last year or so (welding of rail, new crossing protection, new switch at Milmay, etc.), let's hope they continue to reap the benefit of those upgrades for as long as possible in the future.