Railroad Forums 

• Southern Tier track maps or timetables?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1090327  by CPSK

Hi;
I am working on a giant Google Earth mapping project, creating paths for each RR line, including sidings, interlockings, etc. For much of it, the GE images are good enough to get all the info I need, but in some areas, specifically between Port Jervis and Binghamton, the images are of low resolution, so I am having trouble finding the interlockings.
I don't actually need the employee timetables, or even fully illustrated track maps; just the location by milepost for interlockings.
Too bad there isn't any passenger service on the trackage in question, or i would simply ride the train with my GPS and mark off what I see.

Thanks for any help

CP
 #1090653  by Matt Langworthy

I can't speak much for east of Binghamton, but the Tier west of Bingo is still intact (although it is single track now). The only thing that might be gone is the switch for the Groveland Industrial Track at Attica.
 #1090983  by SecaucusJunction

Probably the only real change between Port Jervis and Binghamton is the double track that was taken out over Gulf Summit and replaced with 2 passing sidings. Other than that, it is probably accurate.
 #1091710  by RussNelson

CPSK wrote:Hi;
I am working on a giant Google Earth mapping project, creating paths for each RR line,
Why? I already did all that, for OpenStreetMap. http://OpenStreetMap.org/ Well, at least for New York State, anyway, but that's the group we're in. All the double track, all the sidings, all the spurs (at least for the existing track -- hard to say for the older tracks whether it was double-track, or to map out the old yards). All the abandoned tracks, too.
 #1093046  by scharnhorst

I have the full Conrail MOW Track diagrams covering all of NY in full detail from the late 1980's and the most current SPV RR Atlas as well. What info do you need?