Railroad Forums 

• Southern Tier - East of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1078279  by chief

CSX trains Q-401, Q-156, Q402 are going over the tier Sunday and Monday account River line out of service. More info. at Susquehanna group
Steve a k a Chief
 #1078291  by Steve F45

From the NYSW yahoo group and a very reliable source aswell.
I would presume 12T will also show up as well but the report indicates now from actual NS sources that they will be establishing a "pool" (defined as group of train crews assigned to certain territory for assignment)for the routing of 13T over NS-CNYK-NJT routing

The Road Foreman for NS @ Binghamton rode in a high-rail truck between Binghamton and Port Jervis and deems himself qualified to qualify all the train crews over the territory. Should be a safe feeling for all with hazardous material rolling. Naturally because it would cost money, CNYK has no objection to this ridiculous practice either. At least once the crews have done it a few times, there should be no safety concern from there on out...

I know it was posted before about 13T coming over the CNYK but NYSW management to this minute continues to deny that happening... Now at least NS is confirming it happening...
 #1078491  by RSD15

RSD15 wrote:Q004 left Syracuse southbound for New Jersey via Binghamton and the Tier, 2pm.

Detour #2 Q156 leaving Syracuse 8:20pm.
 #1079049  by SecaucusJunction

Now that the detours are over, I guess keep your eyes out for NS personnel on and around the tracks this week. I'm not sure if they'll be in engines, high railers or what, but if anyone sees or hears anything out there, let us know.
 #1080029  by SecaucusJunction

Im pretty sure I heard an NS high rail going down the National Docks yesterday. Who knows.
 #1080125  by blockline4180

northjerseybuff wrote:national docks? this tracks is not anywhere near the tier and is owned by Conrail
Yes, I tried to tell him that earlier, but apparently he still thinks it is Tier related!!!! Some people think X day will be the end of September, some think October, some think November, and some believe it is a pie in the sky rail buff rumor, which isn't based on fact!

There is always 2013 i suppose!! Keep waiting!
 #1080267  by SecaucusJunction

To clear my name here...

FYI... NS rarely if ever uses the National Docks right now. They have no need to. But any trains coming off the Tier to either Oak Island or E-Port would likely take that route. Yes the run was probably nothing, but it gets you thinking.

I believe crew training was to start this week... but I'm sure the whole process will be under the radar.
 #1082993  by SecaucusJunction

FYI: Metro North is starting trackwork next week from Middletown to Harriman. Even the non-rush hour passenger trains are cancelled. I'd suspect this could delay things a while longer.