Railroad Forums 

• Parking at Pine Junction

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#1069566  by CSXandNS

Hey guys, I know that RR Police are becoming a problem, but it has been my dream to come to Pine Jct in Indiana. Where should I park? I know all the tracks there and I am torn parking south of the CSX tracks, or by that white building on the north side of the NS tracks. Please let me know ASAP.

Thank you.
 #1071912  by Thunder

Park in between the NS and CSX. That building is on RR Property. I work for hte J ( till the 17th then off to Metra) and have seen tons of fans there recently. As long as you are respectful and out of the way noone cares. Be advised US Steel is watching you. SO stay away from their property.They have cameras up all over in that location.
 #1072584  by CSXandNS

Thanks both of you, but alot of other people have told me to stay away from the middle (inbetween NS and CSX) and that CSX hates that. Alot of people have been telling me to park south of the CSX tracks.

Should I park at the exact address of 1185 N. Clark Rd Gary Indiana? And if police come to me what do I say? And how far in the lot do i go?
 #1078801  by Thunder

Not sure about the Address. You can park just past the J City track if oud like. But most guys are up between CSX and NS. Going across Pine Jct tracks ( the interchane yard) will get US Steel Police on you.Id say a car length off the road would be as far as you would want to go.
 #1079325  by JamesT4

When I go there I park between the CN Interchange track, & the NS tracks on the street next to the concrete barrier, or the gravel lot just between the CN, & the NS lines to the east of the Road, I never been bothered there, but had friends get kicked out by CSX cops, even thou they are not by the CSX tracks, & by CN police after another railroad(CSX) called on them, NS really don't care, just don't go on the tracks from my experience.

I never go past the EJE/CN bridge as that is US steel property, & seen US Steel Security kick people out from the EJE/CN Lakefront Line crossing., otherwise I may also park on the road south of the CN City Track.

Clark Road is a public street up to the EJ&E/CN overhead bridge, which is US steel property, & are viewed by surveillance cameras. Gary PD may come by, but they don't care as long as you on the street.

Also watch out for the heavy truck traffic on that road, the weekends are the times where the truck traffic is light.