Railroad Forums 

• Norfolk Southern Heritage Units.

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #1042312  by blockline4180

Nice shots as always Bobby!!!

My dream would be to see the DL&W unit coupled to the CNJ unit(whenever they are released) to be on the point of a 13T/12T train on the Sunbury Line!!!! :-)
 #1042752  by sd80mac

Jeff Smith wrote:
sd80mac wrote:Is there a yahoo group or website that post of these locomotives' current locations??
Right here!
still lack of reports :) !!! I wouldnt asked that question if there's plenty of report of whereabout of each one.... :D
 #1042798  by Trails to Rails

As luck would have it...a chance SIGHTING!!

I was hanging outside yesterday around 4:30 pm at London Bridge Toys in Emmaus, PA, chatting with the owner when we heard the sound of an approching eastbound job. The store is on South 3rd Street about 20 yards from the tracks so it's a great train watching location.

We about fell off the porch when we saw that the lead loco was the 8102 in full tuscan red PRR livery!! It was an awesome sight although neither of us had a camera handy.

Coincidentially I was there picking up a couple of Z scale PRR hoppers so I figure I may have to go back and see what he has in Z scale Reading & LV rolling stock. ;)
 #1043292  by MEC407

From the Toledo Blade:
Toledo Blade wrote:Those who remember the railroads of Toledo’s past may have recently observed tributes to history plying local rails, and there is more of that to come.
Northwood police presumably are accustomed to seeing railroad fans loitering near Wales and Drouillard roads, close to the Vickers Crossing junction, but the legions who turned out that day to see the Pennsylvania engine were enough to prompt one patrol officer to inquire if something special was coming. The response was simple: a finger-point down the track as the coal train eased through a siding while high-priority container trains sailed by on the main tracks.
Read more at: http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2012/0 ... roads.html
 #1043310  by atsf sp

The Conrail unit has suffered what is being called a crankcase failure. It is being sent to Roanoke for warranty inspection/repair.
 #1044620  by workextra

I think this program is great! These locomotives look amazing in the heritage colors, It sure adds a nice touch to the railroad. There is a nice "what could have been" as these engines traverse their native routes.
I'm glad NS has done this. It's a class act for a class 1
I do hope the neighbors (CSX) jump on the bandwagon..... B&O-C&O-ACL-SAL-L&N-NH- another NYC and the list goes on.