Railroad Forums 

• Anyone seen DLWR 2403?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1038578  by RS-3

DLWR 2403 (ex-Adirondack Scenic) is *supposed* to be on its way to Scranton. Has anyone seen it? Where is it?

RS
 #1038607  by Alek9997

Don't you mean on the way to Batavia or Depew? You must be thinking DLWR is the Deleware-Lackawanna Railroad in Scranton. DLWR is Depew, Lancaster & Western RR, which is another GVT Company. Unless the unit had to go to the Scranton Shops beforehand...

Either way, this is probably another CSX transport screw-up. They did the same thing with NYS&W / FGLK #2300 back in the Summer. Took weeks for it to get to it's final destination.

Alek S
 #1038610  by RS-3

No, its a DLW engine (not sure why) but its headed for service on the DL at Scranton.

RS
 #1038694  by lvrr325

What's the routing supposed to be, via CP, NS, or NYS&W? That will help figure out what train has to move it. Then as long as they remember to set it out at the right place, it may turn up on time. I wouldn't hold my breath.
 #1038851  by roadster

Still at Dewitt Engine service area, as of 10am this morning.
 #1038930  by tree68

Yep.
 #1040231  by roadster

Must have went east on Q382 Monday afternoon or Tuesday.
 #1040335  by RSD15

Well here we go again, it just went by Dewitt west bound on what looked like 377 but I"m not sure. 7pm.
 #1040681  by roadster

Relax, that's part of CSX's routing since the end of classifying and closure of Frontier Hump Ops.. Q382 to Selkirk, then routed on the westbound freight that stops at Buffalo. Q377 drops in Rochester and Buffalo. I'd suspect it will be set off at Buffalo, interchanged with the NS and sent south and East via NS. The only freight that departs Dewitt Westbound is Q381 and it doesn't work at Buffalo. Q381 originates at Dewitt. The actual routing would have been approved by shipper and CSX.