Railroad Forums 

• SU99/SU100 Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#960505  by lhrfan

SU-99 runs Mon/Wed/Fri nights. Usually leaves Ridgefield Park around 5 pm. I caught it in Franklin (ZINC) Wednesday at 7 pm.
 #974055  by bk77

Anyone catch the 99 last night? There was an NS SD60M west out on the road power on the fuel track. I'm assuming in came in on one of the NS detours and was guessing it was gonna lead out on the SU99. Didn't see the train leave or get made up though, so I'm not sure what happened to that unit...
 #980703  by blocksignal

On Monday 10/17/2011 I observed the SU-99 sitting in the yard between Mt. Vernon Street and Cross Street in the Bogota/Ridgefield Park area around 3:30 PM. Crew arrived and then moved the train out heading Westbound around 5:45 PM. The power was NYSW 3016, NYSW 3018, & CEFX 3124 pulling about 30 cars or so (did not get the exact count). Among the freight cars were 3 enclosed autorack cars - the rest being the usual trash cars, tank cars, etc.

About an hour later a local headed westbound out of the yard - the power was CEFX 3126 pulling 4 trash cars and a box car.

Lastly I observed CEFX 3143 moving cars around in the yard. I am not sure if he was another local or just positioning the freight cars for the next day.

Blocksignal.
 #986812  by waldwickrailfan

Anyone who hears anything about the 99 tonight, please post. Yahoo groups has been getting way to off topic and I would like to see it tonight
 #988579  by NYSW3022

waldwickrailfan wrote:Anyone who hears anything about the 99 tonight, please post. Yahoo groups has been getting way to off topic and I would like to see it tonight

Yup it ran.. Oh you meant 6 days ago. Well, any way it did run.
 #996422  by bk77

Haven't seen any loaded construction debris cars on the '99 in a while, yet I still see them get pulled up from of the swamp. Are they being given to CSX or NS down here now instead of going West?
 #1022862  by TheTrainHunters

Well I caught tonight's SU-99 in Franklin with CEFX 3108, 3124, and NYS&W 3016! There haven't been to many Susquehanna's on the 99 lately!