Railroad Forums 

• wood chip cars heading?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1004156  by roberttosh

I thought they were maybe loaded with tire chips going to New Page at Rumford as they have started receiving that product by rail - however, they are actually empties, so probably going to the NBSR or MMA for woodchip service. I'll trace them in a few days and see where they end up.
 #1005266  by carchecker

These same cars were on the NBSR eastbound coming into McAdam this afternoon. They continued on to Saint John after some switching (including replacing a pulled knuckle). There were actually two blocks of these hoppers. The reporting marks were MVCX. Took a couple of pics but couldn't get them to attach here! On a side note they also set off six FBOX boxes. I've noticed a few coming in on the south frieght from Woodland the last week or two. Are they loading pulp at the Woodland mill or are they being loaded with something else in the St Stephen area?
 #1005587  by carchecker

Any idea where these cars are going rrbuff? Six more empty cars went south from McAdam this morning heading for the mill. I was under the impression that 100% of their product was destined for China through Eastport. Is this something long term or a one shot deal?
 #1005810  by carchecker

The south freight arrived back in McAdam today with a couple of the FBOX loads from the Woodland mill. They obviously are still sitting in the yard at McAdam but they are numbered FBOX 502577 and 502162 and should be going west either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks and let me know how you make out tracing them.
 #1005862  by RRBUFF

The Woodland mill is trying to develop some additional customers for their pulp.
 #1006442  by jjoyce1

carchecker wrote:The south freight arrived back in McAdam today with a couple of the FBOX loads from the Woodland mill. They obviously are still sitting in the yard at McAdam but they are numbered FBOX 502577 and 502162 and should be going west either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks and let me know how you make out tracing them.
EQUIPMENT EVENT L/E EVENT TRAIN DESTINATION REPORTING RR SCAC ETA AEI IND RESTRICTED CAR
INIT NUMBER CITY ST DATE TIME CODE CITY ST CITY STATE TYPE DATE HOUR
FBOX 502577 MATTAWAMK ME 01/12 0815 L A SARSPRING NY NBSR
FBOX 502162 MATTAWAMK ME 01/12 0815 L A SARSPRING NY NBSR