Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by DutchRailnut

Deadbug is employee.
  by RearOfSignal

Only commenting on typical Harmon operations not who is employee or not. Typically any equipment leaving property visits spot tracks for inspection. Harmon yard tends to move things back and forth for no reason, ya know typical MNR stuff.
  by truck6018

deadbug wrote:225 is north of the shop, prepped and ready to be sent to Erie for repairs.
225 has been north of the shop for at least a month now. However, wasn't sure of its status.
  by FL9AC

It'll be nice if the 225 goes for rebuild. We're definitely hurting for equipment bad.
  by RearOfSignal

Actually they moved the 225 to 134. Hopefully, it will be sent out this week.
  by gregorygrice

RearOfSignal wrote:Actually they moved the 225 to 134. Hopefully, it will be sent out this week.
Its at Croton East Yard now pending movement by CSX.
  by DutchRailnut

I guess Deadbug's info was pretty accurate ;-)
  by fl9m2004

So once 220 and 225 get rebuilt is 228 and 231 only ones left non rebuilt
  by DutchRailnut

225 was rebuild but got wrecked at spuyten duyvil.
  by gregorygrice

225 moved from Croton East to Croton West Yard this morning by B749.
  by Kurt

225 in the Croton West yard today. It looked like it was coupled to the CSX engines, but no crews visible. This was the best angle I could get from the water front park and the boxcars that were stored nearby. You can see some work was done by Metro North to get road worthy to be towed to GE..Overall it looked better than I thought it would
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by gregorygrice

Kurt wrote:225 in the Croton West yard today. It looked like it was coupled to the CSX engines, but no crews visible. This was the best angle I could get from the water front park and the boxcars that were stored nearby. You can see some work was done by Metro North to get road worthy to be towed to GE..Overall it looked better than I thought it would
Nice photo. It will be moved to the northern end of the yard with the batch of cars set to go to Selkirk so that Q704 can pick it up.
  by gregorygrice

225 is still in Croton West Yard as of this evening.
  by DutchRailnut

in words of Don Nelson, former MN president "we do not cater to losers in rail industry" why would we honor those railroads that left us a mess to begin with ??
  by FL9AC

In the railroads current state and public outcry for better service/reliability, a heritage program is a pipe dream folks. It was a funny April Fools joke but lets not hijack this forum for fantasy speculation please.