• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by toolmaker

Painfull! Whitefield reported -35 at the airport [aka Hazens]
  by Otto Vondrak

eman577 wrote:If you haven't yet, check out photos.nerail.org
Search by railroad for Conway Scenic.
Please, next time provide a link and don't make us go hunting...

http://photos.nerail.org/show/?order=by ... y%20Scenic
  by Otto Vondrak

eman577 wrote:I don't understand your complaint. If I copy and paste the
photos.nerail.org
it takes me right to the site.
Copy and paste just takes you to NERail main site. You talked about Conway Scenic photos. No need to copy and paste anything if you just provide the link to the Conway Scenic photos. But why make us copy and paste? Just give us the link. Just a little internet courtesy, not the end of the world! :-)

-otto-
  by Mikejf

eman577 wrote:Mike, what time was it -27? I checked here near the village at 0710
and it was -18. I thought that was cold enough.
That was on the morning news. Must have been taken at the airport. Always cold over there. Probably the 5 am reading. I know i reached -23 about 6 or so, with the temperature starting to go the other way about 7 or 7:30. Glad it's over for now. Just to darn cold when it's below Zero.
Mike
  by CSRR573

Is 4266s new horn the one from the 2820? Personally I like the tug boat horn better on the 4266
  by masscoastalfan

No, the 4266's new horn is the 6516's old horn. A few years back, the 6516's old horn was taken off. A new horn, which is the exact same model as the old one was put on. The only difference is that the old one (now on 4266) has two of the horns backward and three foreward. The one now on the 6516 has all 5 foreward. the 2820's horn is now on the 23 (the B23-7 not the budd car). The 4266 still has one of the tug boat horns. it is on the opposite side of the cab from the new one and works fine.
  by BayColony1706

They were using the "honker" on 4266 during RF's Weekend. I've always referred to that single-chimer as the
"moose-blaster" :-D
  by daylight4449

has anyone heard anything about 108, and yes, i know that it was sold to the texas state railway, just that the hurricane was in the area last year...
  by merrman

Last I heard about the 108, it had been disassembled, then the financing for the project
dried up. It was still in pieces 3 or 4 years later, and that was the last report I know of.
This was 5 years ago or better.
  by 44 tonner

I can't remember 108, even tho i was alive, the last i saw of it was the photo on a site, i can't remember which one :(
  by atsf sp

I got a picture of me as a kid standing in front of it and I do distinctively remember it. I am barely taller than the pilot.
  by atsf sp

The one of 501 in actual colors and not the red boiler looks good. I can't remember the engine without the red.