Railroad Forums 

• Newport/Hoboken - Amazing RR history here!

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1405682  by pdtrains

Not a huge terminal, but nice. Since its "off the beaten track, by big cit standards, there's been no idiot come along to "Update" it, or screw around with it.
Its been cleaned up, but left alone. Still the same benches that I sat on 50 years ago. Of the 5 terminals that were on the jersey side of the hudson, its the only active one left...and the only other one left is CNJ Communipaw, which hasnt seen a train since 1967. I think HOB was the largest of the 5 terminals, too.
 #1405796  by Ken W2KB

pdtrains wrote:Not a huge terminal, but nice. Since its "off the beaten track, by big cit standards, there's been no idiot come along to "Update" it, or screw around with it.
Its been cleaned up, but left alone. Still the same benches that I sat on 50 years ago. Of the 5 terminals that were on the jersey side of the hudson, its the only active one left...and the only other one left is CNJ Communipaw, which hasnt seen a train since 1967. I think HOB was the largest of the 5 terminals, too.
Hoboken is/(was?) 18 tracks and CNJ 20 tracks so about the same size.
 #1406019  by GSC

Absolutely gorgeous.

I've always been a fan of ornate architecture, especially rail terminals and old theatres.

I've also been intrigued by the complicated trackwork of these stub-end terminals.