Railroad Forums 

• New trackwork in Avon

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#493830  by CSX New York

Hey all, as I stated in another thread, I'm working on a simulated version of the LAL for a couple of sims. I can confirm this: I've been at work on a version for MSTS; when my copy of Rail Simulator arrives (sometime before the next millennium ;) ), I'll begin work on a version for that. Right now, all of the pre-2007 trackwork of the LAL is in place on the MSTS version, which brings me to the topic of this post.

I was originally planning on excluding the recent trackwork in and around Avon Yard due to a lack of available imagery (both aerials and ground pictures); however, seeing the pictures here piqued my interest and made me believe that it might be possible to build this trackage even without aerial imagery.

I can pretty much determine more or less where the new storage track is located based on the pics above, so that won't be too much trouble. What will be a challenge is the new Barilla siding/spur, since there aren't a lot of pre-existing items giving hints on where the track should go. If anyone has any pictures of the two-track Barilla siding/spur, please post them here. TIA.

#493885  by railwatcher

The siding you will see in the back of the picture, to the right of the end of the train. Switch is by the corner of the Aldon Manufacturiing Co. fence and heads around the end of the fence and then switches to the Barilla plant or to the storage track that is between the Main and the plant track.

#493887  by railwatcher

Where the engines are is the switch and to the left is the siding to the plant.