Railroad Forums 

• New Pacific Airlines: Northern Pacific Forced To Rebrand After BNSF Injunction

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#1628888  by GRSdave

SUMMARY Fair Use
Northern Pacific Airways must stop using the Northern Pacific name due to a trademark infringement suit by BNSF Railway.
CEO of NPA, Rob McKinney, has decided not to fight the decision in order to minimize legal disputes and focus on moving passengers and providing jobs.
NPA is rebranding as New Pacific Airlines, aiming to differentiate while preserving certain elements.

https://simpleflying.com/new-pacific-ai ... njunction/
 #1629553  by Gilbert B Norman

To my best knowledge, in order to keep a trademark active, there must be at least one unit of rolling stock so liveried. Perhaps the locomotive noted in the article submitted by Mr. GRS Dave fills the bill.

I'm certain this was a "good faith oversight", but in the meantime to the start up; "Happy Landings".

Finally. there was a Pacific Airlines (US; 1946-68) and a Vietnamese concern based in Saigon (VVTS/SGN) which is active at present, also doing business as Pacific Airlines. To what extent the latter noted concern holds their trade name has been infringed upon by the start-up, I would have no idea.