Railroad Forums 

• Needham Line

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1630027  by charlesriverbranch

This morning I found myself up at an ungodly hour, so I took train #600 -- the first one of the day -- from Needham Heights into Boston. I was surprised to find, when I got to Needham Heights Station just before five o'clock, that the crew hadn't opened any doors. I had to walk all the way to the front of the train and bang on a window to get their attention. They didn't seem to be expecting anyone, and I was the only passenger boarding at Needham Heights. At South Station, about a dozen of us got off the train, and a few more got off at Back Bay.

There never used to be a 5:05 train before the pandemic. I was surprised to see them start running one, and wonder how long it will continue since it is lightly used. The crew didn't scan tickets; could that be so that their bosses can argue that no one rides the train? I'm curious.