Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1393761  by Jeff Smith

Westfair Online
MacQuesten buys Mount Vernon train station

The Mount Vernon West train station is “horrible looking and not well maintained,” according to Joe Apicella, “and that’s why we saw the potential.”

On July 14, MacQuesten Development of Pelham, where Apicella is managing director of development, bought the building from Davenis Realty Inc. for $3 million.

Not only is the station at 1 Mount Vernon Ave. in bad shape, the neighborhood is dilapidated and depressed.

“I know people who go out of their way to avoid using that station,” he said. “They go to Fleetwood instead.”
 #1394099  by truck6018

Per the article it was owned my Davenis Reality.

Other than the Jamaican Deli and news stand, there hasn't been a lot going on with that place.

Also, the fact that there is still a staffed ticket office there would lead me to believe that there is more passengers there than Fleetwood as the ticket office closed there a few years ago.