Railroad Forums 

• More Bi-Tanics painted for a fallen flag

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1174950  by Tadman

Interesting to see that most of his stuff has SLRG reporting marks, which is a shortline/tourist line in southern Colorado. So now you have the majority of SLRG-lettered equipment in IC orange/brown, everything out east is in D&H blue, and the actual stuff on the SLRG property is in a B&M maroon with DRGW-style speed lettering.
 #1176096  by DaveBarraza

I saw only on pair up there.

There are 2 E's painted in ICG Brown/Orange lettered for Iowa Pacific.

The passenger equipment operating out of Alamosa, CO (as "Rio Grande Scenic") is in ICG brown/orange, and the freight locos are in the Maroon with DRGW speed letters.

D&RGW=

Dangerous
&
Rapidly
Getting
Worse
 #1188890  by runningwithscalpels

SlackControl wrote:How many C1s does the Saratoga and North Creek RR have? I was up there a year or two ago, and I think they only had 4 cars. I heard they were going to be receiving more, if not all of the remaining C1s.
FWIW there's still 2 C1's sitting in Torrington, CT where they've been for years.
 #1189154  by DutchRailnut

I believe the pair that are left, have many electrical parts missing, one pair was used as part supplier by LIRR for long time.
The C-1's used M-1a electric parts for door, AC etc. most of that stuff is no longer available.
 #1218373  by lirr42

Jersey_Mike wrote:Why does everyone seem to hate the C1's?
It's not that we hate the C1's, it's just that they have no use. They were a set of orphan coaches that were designed in a way that they were completely incompatible with just about everything else on the railroad. There were no cab cars so they could only be pulled around by two specially modified engines.
 #1218377  by peanut1

I have contacted Ozark Mountain Railcar to see if I can get info on them and to see what he would want for them. Probably will need to hit Powerball first, just to get them up and running :wink: :-D