• MBTA's MPI HSP-46 Locomotives

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MEC407

Photo by Wayne Johnson: http://photos.greatrails.net/s/?p=214150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by ck4049

Shop Interlocking in NORTH Billerica on the Lowell Line. Same routine as the Rotem Test Trains.
  by MEC407

No. That part of the caption was incorrect. The photographer has since corrected the caption.
Last edited by MEC407 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by tvachon

Has anyone heard (audibly) this under a prolonged low solid overpass similar to the covering at porters high level? The 010 and 011 are notably better but still can be loud, all the others are oppressive. The screamers are the worst causing me to move into open air to avoid hurting my plugged ears. It would be interesting if this reverb was factored in, I would imagine other places like Back Bay have similar dB level issues.
  by MBTA1016

Why do they stick it with the rotems? I know that's a separate discussion but come on, don't put reliable power with not so reliable cars
  by 8th Notch

They are killing 2 birds with one stone by road testing the Rotems and the 2001 at the same time.... Not to mention the Rotems have more computers in them that need to interface with the new loco vs the older cars which are pretty basic. The Rotems will be the new backbone of the fleet when they are all up so makes sense to make sure the new unit will work with them (the rebuilt K cars will have the same internals as the Rotems).