• MBTA's MPI HSP-46 Locomotives

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by DutchRailnut

There is no specific date, once all testing and simulated revenue runs are done with no technical issues, when that is, is every ones guess !!
  by sery2831

The 2001 was set up for the clearance test today. Look for it to make a system tour soon. It is with a 4 car set. 2001-5xx-9xx-3xx-1719
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

heard there is a test run scheduled for the Fitchburg Mainline, goes OD at 7am Sunday of course subject to change
  by tvachon

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:heard there is a test run scheduled for the Fitchburg Mainline, goes OD at 7am Sunday of course subject to change
Not sure how far the we're going but around 8am from my perch in Shirley I heard a train which didn't sound like freight (wrong tone oin the horn) or commuter (too much horn when it should have stopped plus no trains come that early).

Reminded me of the horn of 010/011, if it was them, wish I knew, I would have been at the tracks for some great pictures
  by ACeInTheHole

GP40MC1118 wrote:The 010 is out of service at BET and has been for a while...

D
Whats wrong with it?
  by tvachon

GP40MC1118 wrote:The 010 is out of service at BET and has been for a while...

D
I know, just saying the test might have come through since it horn sounded "new", no better way to put it really
  by 8th Notch

Last thing I saw on the sheet was needs Main Engine starting motor replaced and HEP engine removed for replacement.
  by wilhelmh

Test train just passed inbound through Andover, running at a good clip. Lucky for me, I just happened to be looking out the window at the right time!
  by MEC407

Photo by Rob Boes:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=472805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by ck4049

The test train went out to Fitchburg following Mass Bay #2407, I had a few friends who caught it at Patterson Road crossing in Shirley.
  by MEC407

Video by "FirstDue Foamer":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVex_LegpHY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;