Railroad Forums 

• ** LA&L TRAIN MOVEMENT REPORTS ** 2006

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#283200  by pablo

Greg! Cut some of those trees down, man!

Dave Becker

#283753  by railwatcher

If I owned that real estate between the Lakeville main and the Industrial line behind the Kraft truck lot, I would have already had it done. It's a nice field but is filling up with scrub brush and small trees fast. Give it a few weeks and all the leaves will be gone. The ROW also has its share of trees, Dave you can come help, anytime. LOL Now that I have changed employers, I am missing a lot more photo ops and train siting reports. ......Sure would be nice to see some others pick this up and roll with it, also down on the WNYP and B&H! If you spot something type it up.

Greg

#284368  by boblenon

August 18, 2006 - The trip home was power lite with no stops - arrived lakeville 2:40pm.

August 21, 2006 - ~10AM Stopped behind Pickle Nicks went power lite (I believe) and picked up empties on LV branch (Mattew & Fields). Not sure on total car count.
 #285338  by Luther Brefo

This morning, I woke up got ready for work and headed out the door without my camera, thinking the LA&L would not be running on a Thursday.

As I rode up to the crossing on my bike, the Northbound train (420 in lead, 425 trailing with cab door open), brought the gates down and crawled through the crossing at about 10-15 mph with a cut of tank cars and hoppers. I did not get a complete count but there were at least 12 tanks and at least 10 hoppers.

Time was 10:43 AM when the end of the train rolled through.

#285362  by BR&P

"Expect moving equipment on any track, at any time, in either direction."

#285526  by Luther Brefo

BR&P wrote:"Expect moving equipment on any track, at any time, in either direction."
Yup. I always slow for the crossing because one never knows.

#286136  by Luther Brefo

Northbound Friday Freight at Bailey Road at 10:18 AM. 4 tank cars in tow and 3 grain hoppers for a grand total of 7 cars. That's right ladies and gentlemen, 7 cars.

Later in the day, a hi-rail equipped truck ran up the line. I know this from the marking on the railhead from the rubber tires. ;)

#288323  by railwatcher

While working, on Wednesday afternoon, I caught #420 and #425 running light towards Genesee Junction yard while I was doing the RIT Greenline 2 bus run. At nearly 4pm the engines were returning light from Lumber company out on the former LV track at Lehigh Station Rd. I wanted to chase'm real bad, but suffered from discretion.

Greg

#290165  by railwatcher

9/5/06

North bound train was in Avon shortly after 9 am and did some switching and moved on towards Rochester by 9:45am. Noted a load of lumber sitting on a centerbeam car in the Avon yard, that was brought in on Friday, curious who the customer is for this load inbound. Usually, Matthew and Fields gets their loads dropped directly from the Genesee Junction yard, so I dont think it is their load. Anybody have any clues?

Greg

#290172  by scottychaos

railwatcher wrote:9/5/06

North bound train was in Avon shortly after 9 am and did some switching and moved on towards Rochester by 9:45am. Noted a load of lumber sitting on a centerbeam car in the Avon yard, that was brought in on Friday, curious who the customer is for this load inbound. Usually, Matthew and Fields gets their loads dropped directly from the Genesee Junction yard, so I dont think it is their load. Anybody have any clues?

Greg
hmmm..odd.
my guess is that it *is* for Matthew & Fields,
and maybe there wasnt time to deliever it on Friday, so rather than leave it at Genesee Junction, they dropped it off in Avon to store it there for the long weekend..(less chance of vandalism at Avon than Genesee Junction.)

just a guess though..

did the lumber car move back North today?

Scot

#290188  by Luther Brefo

The lumber came south to Avon with the other 49 or so cars on Friday and only today, Tuesday, did it come back up for Matthews & Fields.

On Friday, with all of the extra work that had to be done on the R&S and at Genesee Junction (think 4+ hours of switching up at the northern end of the railroad) time was running out to spend 30 minutes to switch out M&F. So the car was tacked on the head end and taken south to Avon where it was left for today's northbound train. As I write this, M&F switching should be complete by now.

Welded rail is so close I can smell it. *wink wink*

#290198  by Mike Walsh

Yep, LAL 420 and 425 were spotted at Bailey Rd. heading northbound pulling 10 cars, one of which was the lumber car for MF lumber.

#290652  by railwatcher

Eyes open up north today! #420 and WNYP #432 are headed north on the LAL, running light.

Greg