Railroad Forums 

• LA&L Dock Spur - Lakeville

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#482841  by TB Diamond

Back in the Fall of 1968 the opportunity arose to photograph LA&L No. 38 on the dock spur at Lakeville. On an adjacent track was stored at the time at least one of the ex-NYC passenger cars.

When was the dock spur and the grade crossing on Route 20A removed?

#482899  by scottychaos

TB,

unless we are talking about a different spur,
the line still goes right to the edge of the lake, and the 20A crossing is still in place.

Its a straight-shot right out of the lakeville yard..track ends mere feet from the lake shore...I saw some tank cars stored there, between 20A and the lake, earlier this year..

Scot

#482907  by TB Diamond

Scott:

Thank you for the info. My recall that the spur is gone was flawed.

#483448  by railwatcher

A nice picture of the dock with railcars sitting on it is on the wall in Minnehans Restraunt in Lakeville.

Greg

#484343  by superdart

Does anyone know the story behind the dock? What happened to it?

I was born in '75 and I don't remember any dock......

#485061  by TB Diamond

There is a photo of the dock dated 1895 in Gordon's Erie RR Rochester Div. book. The dock was for direct passenger and freight steamboat connections to the railroad.

#487259  by superdart

Hmm...I'll have to check that out Minnehan's photo when I come home.

#487305  by railwatcher

scottychaos wrote:TB,

Its a straight-shot right out of the lakeville yard..track ends mere feet from the lake shore...I saw some tank cars stored there, between 20A and the lake, earlier this year..

Scot
Everytime I go by there, they have tank cars parked there, so it has to be a regular occurance. Must be a staging area for ADM. One thing about this is those double tracks are tucked out of the way. Truely the end of the line.