Railroad Forums 

• LA&L Coach at Honeoye Falls - 1977

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#683002  by TB Diamond

Back on 28 December 1977 ConRail local EX-1 was switching out cars at Lima, NY. A LA&L Stillwell coach was in the consist and was to be delivered to a new owner in Honeoye Falls according to the CR crew. Can anyone relate what became of this car?
 #683052  by Mike Stellpflug

It sat for some time on a siding behind the Honeoye Falls station.
Was there for a while, I know I took some pics of it, probably buried in my b&w stuff.
I don't recall when it finally departed.
From what I do remember, it was in rough shape, I seem to remember all the windows being smashed out.
 #683180  by VTM

From an earlier post :

LAL 2171 was sold to a private individual in Honeoye Falls as an adjunct to his LV station and was moved there by Conrail. Car was eventually scrapped at that location after several years....Car ultimately returned to Livonia albeit in pieces as it was scrapped on site in Honeoye Falls by Fugles' of South Livonia and parts could be seen in their scrap yard during the mid 1980s'

Sister car: LAL 2192 migrated to the Loose Caboose restaurant complex adjacent to the OMID at Webster....(disposition??)

VTM