Railroad Forums 

• ITS OFFICIAL!! (April Fool's)

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#381864  by Engineer James

BNSF TO MERGE WITH NS!!!!!!! HERE IS THE ARTICLE!
NS to merge with BNSF
Saturday, 31 March 2007
By Jonathan Stempel

NEW YORK, March 31 (Reuters) - Members of the BNSF Business Association have voted to join forces with the US-based Norfolk Southern. BNSF will officially become the BNSF, using the two middle initials to signify NS's portion. This is effective 02 May, after BNSF members overwhelming supported a merger at an Extraordinary General Meeting in California today.

NS executive Glenn Buckingham said the formation of NS-BNSF was an exciting initiative that would expand the services and reach of both organizations in the West and East regions, and enhance professional development and networking opportunities for members.

“We decided – and our members agreed – that an alliance with the world’s largest transportation association was by far the most advantageous arrangement to secure our longevity, build our influence, and expand our member services far into the future,” said Buckingham.
BNSF executive, Suzanne Fletcher, said her association was delighted with the merger and the opportunities for expansion that it brings.

“The addition of NS to the BNSF structure will make BNSF a stronger
organisation globally and enable us to better serve all NS-BNSF members,” Fletcher said.

“We see the East region as critically important to our future expansion into Chicago and New York, particularly in assisting our members to tap into the significant business opportunities available in these growth markets.”
Fletcher said BNSF would maintain its local identity and a local board, while tapping into the global networking and resources of BNSF, a model utilized successfully with Union Pacific.

WE KNEW IT!!! THE RUMOR IS TRUE!!!!!! *Does a jig*

Happy April Fools Guys..... :-D :-D
Last edited by Engineer James on Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

#382121  by Steve F45

this isn't a late aprils fool joke is it? who will be the major company bnsf or ns?

makes me wonder if true, how long till csx gets merged with someone.

#382246  by Hawko

I checked the official websites for both BNSF & Norfolk Southern on April 3rd. Neither company mentioned the merger.
 #382369  by Komachi

I think I'm going to quote my Phys. Ed./Health teacher from high school, when he saw students hurrying to class...

"Slow down there, Buck Rogers!"

Mar. 31 is one day before April 1. The story could have been posted before the computer's clock registered the date as 4-1-07. Don't jump to conclusions just yet.

#382372  by pablo

Elsewhere, yonder James admitted the joke. That's all this is. I was going to slam James again, this time for a weak April Fools joke, but people went for it.

Kudos to James. The republic takes another step back, and cats take baths with dogs.

Dave Becker

#382601  by Engineer James

Laughs hysterically......

man thats pretty good guys!!!! :-D :-D :-D

Man I never get a good April Fools joke out.....

if ya'll didn't get it, its an April Fools joke..... :-D Stupid Computer cut-out the April Fools on the bottom on the post.... (fixed)

Sorry if anyone became confused.....

#382870  by Peace_Maker

If I remember right the your thread accidently got double posted and the original message had "April Fools!" at the bottom. I dont know what happened but one thread disapeared as did your message at the bottom.

#382962  by Steve F45

:-) you had me for sure. since it was posted on monday i didn't see it was a hahah april fools joke.

#382994  by gprimr1

Fletcher said BNSF would maintain its local identity and a local board, while tapping into the global networking and resources of BNSF, a model utilized successfully with Union Pacific.
Did u mean the first BNSF to be "NS"

#383021  by Engineer James

Actually I took the body from another forums april fools joke, and reposted it to look official...

Man, that was pretty good....
 #383764  by MuddyAxles

Had me goin' there. From what ya hear here on CSX, the only thing worse than CSX mgmt. is UP mgmt. If that story were true, That'd leave us to pair up with the UP.

That's when I think my CDL will come in handy again. CSX has wrecked me, UP would kill me. :wink:

#385868  by Engineer James

Well, thanks guys!

#386214  by Gilbert B Norman

I have to give credit to some of the folk composing these "April Fools' parables. They have taken efforts to write about subjects of which they have knowledge.

I admit, I 'fell for one" posted over at the Amtrak Forum.

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37901