Railroad Forums 

• Interesting Consist Discussion for the North Side

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1433526  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

RenegadeMonster wrote:Saw the new Mass DOT hoppers on the Eastern This morning.

Such a same that several of these shiny blue new cars are more than 3/4ths covered in graffiti already on their sides.
I made sure to take my roster shots before they got tagged on the Grand Jct runaround....knew it was only gonna be a matter of time before artwork was added
 #1436209  by jaymac

The 06-28-2017 402 was east of Wachusett at 0545 with 4 flats, a bi, and another flat plus the 1128. Dunno if this was just luck of the draw at the facility or if more cars are now available.
 #1436338  by deathtopumpkins

The bike car is always right behind the engine on the weekend trains. I assume this is because it's much easier to roll a bike onto the mini-high platform than try and carry it down the stairs off the train.
 #1436959  by BigUglyCat

RenegadeMonster wrote:Looks like they took a car off the Passenger Count Train. It was down to 4 cars today.

Wonder if they took it off because few trains actually need all 5 bi-level. Or if they were having problems with it.
Or if they needed the car elsewhere. Isn't there still a shortage of passenger cars?
 #1437242  by BostonUrbEx

The law only requires a bathroom for trips longer than 50 miles, which on the North Side means only for Wachusett. That said, in practice, unless there's a coach crunch (pretty sure we're better off right now than we were this past winter and spring) every train has a bathroom anyway. So there must have been an unexpected last minute cut from the set, would be my guess.