Railroad Forums 

• Info on Cahaba Valley RR[Selma, Al.]

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #1571806  by udoittwo

I have the 1888 5 page letter from George W. Clark to his friend Richard Smith Esq. about a branch the CVRR is looking to build through thick woods to tie in with the E.T.,V.&G.RR. He talks about weather to build a tunnel or a cut through the mountain, 22 bridges, 3 millions in bonds, $55,000 per mile of single track, ect.
Anyway, I hoping someone into that region might have some info? I can't find anything on this RR.
All 5 pages have same letterhead and map on the back.
Thanks,
Karl.
Attachments:
DSCN9398.JPG
DSCN9398.JPG (235.3 KiB) Viewed 682 times
DSCN9396.JPG
DSCN9396.JPG (230.62 KiB) Viewed 682 times
 #1572701  by kitchin

Cahaba was the first, some say second, capital of Alabama. Scattered boosters want to turn it into an historic site, but the landowner, who keeps it for hunting, isn't much interested. Last I heard.