Railroad Forums 

• Hoosick Junction signals, pretty old?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1390337  by B&M 1227

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPictur ... id=2060391" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can someone dish about the eastbound signals for the #2 track at CPF 445 (right hand set). I was reading through the West End article on the B&M Bulletin, and very similar signals appear to have popped up there sometime following the 1927 reconfiguration of the eastbound/westbound routes at Hoosick Junction. I believe the searchlights were installed in the 70s, so presumably the 2 trk signals predate those?
 #1390344  by newpylong

The signals coming off the west wye there used to be similar before the state rebuilt the line...after that there was a single light mid-height jack and since a few years ago it's a tri light mid height jack but only one light functions.
 #1390386  by B&M 1227

I believe 2 of the lights work on the west wye... We'll either get a restricting or a stop at the bottom of the hill there, never seen a green. That is the place to be for the nerds out here nowadays. 14R/11R AD-1 and RJ-1 all do work there.
 #1390390  by amtrakhogger

I see new signal masts, so I guess they are waiting for NS to install the signal heads. Lol.
 #1390402  by newpylong

B&M 1227 wrote:I believe 2 of the lights work on the west wye... We'll either get a restricting or a stop at the bottom of the hill there, never seen a green. That is the place to be for the nerds out here nowadays. 14R/11R AD-1 and RJ-1 all do work there.
Only 1 lit like a single dwarf and you're right Restricting going to 1 or 2 track or Stop. Very weird setup. Almost as weird as Noonans not talking to Ferry Street eastbound.
 #1390664  by lvrr325

Possible the ones on the left came from the Lehigh Valley in New York, apparently as the estate removed the portions not conveyed to Conrail they sold the signal equipment to the B&M.
 #1403637  by Engineer Spike

I heard the story about the searchlights coming from LV too. Was the new signal system implemented during the 4R rehab project? There is picture in a B&M Morning Sun book, by the Plants of Eagle Bridge The color light signals were still in place.