Railroad Forums 

• Hiring on with CSX

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1592403  by ADPRE01

After being denied a job in Garrett Indiana for CSX I got a call yesterday from HR asking me where I wanted to go on the system. I have Nashville as my top pick but would like to hear feedback I am not a Rookie Railroader I am giving up 19 years of seniority in Roseville CA as a Class 1 engineer to pursue this and move my family out of CA. Any information would be appreciated I look forward to working in a new environment and not be stuck in CA. Thank You
 #1592542  by Wayside

Good luck in your efforts. That's a lot to give up but at least you have those years in RRB. Pretty much all the Class Is are looking for people. Have you looked into KCS, CP, NS or CN? I almost put UP but I guess you are already there. Any chance of a location transfer?
 #1592545  by ADPRE01

Thanks for the advice...transfer wise the only place I would want to go would be Nor Cal but even then the COLA is crazy I have put in for three Class 1's and have conditional offers with NS and CSX and CP is hot on my heals...so the door is wide open to relocate...CP is offering $15,000 bonuses for qualified employees so I will probably go we're the money is at...