Railroad Forums 

• Goodbye/hello MEHN/HNME?

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#624534  by EMTRailfan

Word has it that the MEHN/HNME has been abolished in the last few days. Meadville crew runs a local turn to Falconer to meet the Olean crew and swap trains and both return, switching customers along the way.
 #624586  by pablo

One of the original plans, if not the original plan, was something like this, where it would take 12 from Meadville to Falconer, doing all of the Corry and perhaps even Falconer switches (assuming Bush industries was not getting multiple switches a day). The new crew would take over there and travel to Hornell and back as far as possible, Olean or Falconer, with the original crew then returning home.

Dave Becker
 #625668  by RS-3

Anyone have more info on this? Is it permanent? New train symbols? Times? The Hornell Turn back to being Turn?

RS
 #625686  by PVRX1

Earlier this week (Monday?) MEHN ran to Hornell.

As the week went on it was Train OL-1 interacting with Norfolk Southern. So, it seems as though an Olean local is working that end this week.
 #625690  by RS-3

Thanks. Very interesting. (Wonder who or what was working Farmers Valley then?:-)

RS
 #625794  by Lfire83

I believe the OL2 is working the Farmers Valley turn
 #632910  by Otto Vondrak

EMTRailfan wrote:Word has it that the MEHN/HNME has been abolished in the last few days. Meadville crew runs a local turn to Falconer to meet the Olean crew and swap trains and both return, switching customers along the way.
That's pretty much all the daylight operations there are, right?
 #633291  by EMTRailfan

Otto Vondrak wrote:
EMTRailfan wrote:Word has it that the MEHN/HNME has been abolished in the last few days. Meadville crew runs a local turn to Falconer to meet the Olean crew and swap trains and both return, switching customers along the way.
That's pretty much all the daylight operations there are, right?
Word has it that they have now brought the MEHN/HNME back...for a while.
Appears to be "normal" ops for the West End:
ME-1 on duty 0700
ME-2 0900
HNME/MEHN late eve./overnight.
When the ME-2 took over the road train, I believe they were on duty at 1800-1900, like the MEHN was.

Can't help with the other end.
 #635001  by Lfire83

When the meadville crew was working falconer, it was in the early afternoon. MEHN would roll through Jamestown in the early hours of the morning, 1-2 am.
 #638651  by K4Pacific

Well apparently it ran Sunday 2/15 to Hornell during daylight and some greatshots were taken. Power was an HLCX and 2 M636s with sand cars and fuel oil. It came in as MEHN ran around it's train and went west as HNME. That is all from the east end.