Railroad Forums 

• Georgia Southern Railway (fka Georgia Midland)

• Web-Site: http://www.pioneer-railcorp.com/index.html: Alabama Railroad Co. (ALAB); Decatur Junction Railway Co. (DT); Elkhart & Western Railroad Co. (EWR); Fort Smith Railroad Co. (FSR); Garden City Western Railway, Inc. (GCW); Gettysburg & Northern Railroad Co. (GET); Georgia Southern Railway Co. (GS); Indiana Southwestern Railway Co. (ISW); Keokuk Junction Railway Co. (KJRY); Kendallville Terminal Railway Co. (KTR); Michigan Southern Railroad Company (MSO); Mississippi Central Railroad Co. (MSCI; Napoleon, Defiance & Western Railway (NDW); Pioneer Industrial Railway Co. (PRY); Ripley & New Albany Railroad Co. (RNA); Shawnee Terminal Railway Company (STR); Vandalia Railroad Co. (VRRC);
Web-Site: http://www.pioneer-railcorp.com/index.html: Alabama Railroad Co. (ALAB); Decatur Junction Railway Co. (DT); Elkhart & Western Railroad Co. (EWR); Fort Smith Railroad Co. (FSR); Garden City Western Railway, Inc. (GCW); Gettysburg & Northern Railroad Co. (GET); Georgia Southern Railway Co. (GS); Indiana Southwestern Railway Co. (ISW); Keokuk Junction Railway Co. (KJRY); Kendallville Terminal Railway Co. (KTR); Michigan Southern Railroad Company (MSO); Mississippi Central Railroad Co. (MSCI; Napoleon, Defiance & Western Railway (NDW); Pioneer Industrial Railway Co. (PRY); Ripley & New Albany Railroad Co. (RNA); Shawnee Terminal Railway Company (STR); Vandalia Railroad Co. (VRRC);

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1048533  by Jeff Smith

three tankers there this a.m., someone outside looking at them like he was trying to figure out how to move them or spot them under the overhead spigots? Almost looked like they were waiting for GSR.
 #1067485  by G&Fman

ashley2771 wrote:the forlorn 1325 near downtown Statesboro seems to have been returned to the HOG, as has the 1320 that had been parked near Swainsboro
And the 4215 that was coupled to the 1320 at Midville. Would have knocked down the weeds, but it's rattler season.....
Attachments:
(361.47 KiB) Downloaded 4511 times
 #1068348  by Jeff Smith

ashley2771 wrote:the forlorn 1325 near downtown Statesboro seems to have been returned to the HOG, as has the 1320 that had been parked near Swainsboro
There's still and engine there when I went by yesterday.
 #1068355  by mterrell

Wow I hate to see 4215 in such bad shape. It looked great when it was here. I didn't know they weren't using it after they took it away from here.

Sorry for the lack of updates - haven't had the time to get away and check anything out. In June, 2024 and 701 were doing stuff together but I never caught them. Today I watched 2024 go to Reeves, met up with Jeff and watched them pick up the empties then drop off a tanker at GAF. Pretty cool.

While back in town I was parked in front of the old French Quarter restaurant watching 2024 come through on its way back to Dover...and Jeff will take it from there at a later time :)
 #1068609  by Jeff Smith

Status as to incident: other than Mark, I've had no feedback or contact with anyone. I did talk with a reporter yesterday; she had no knowledge of anything to date. I told her I'd be available. No one else, official, law enforcement, or otherwise has contacted me, and the reporter has not gotten back with me.

As it stands now, I'll probably write my own story for this site, with this incident as a component, and not meant to "indict" anyone. I kind of like a situation to settle before I tackle it.
 #1068712  by Jeff Smith

Jeff Smith wrote:
There's still and engine there when I went by yesterday.
^Mark, here.
 #1068737  by G&Fman

The HOG has requested the 1325 in Statesboro and the 1320 and 4215 in Midville to be delivered back to them in Americus. As to when this will actually happen, I don't know. Either the 1320 or 4215 has a busted brake pipe, so that will have to be fixed before they can be picked up by NS. As far as I know there's nothing wrong with the 1325 transport-wise.

Never saw the 1320 in action, but I will miss the 1325 and 4215 weaving and bobbing through Bulloch and Candler counties! I'm pretty sure all three will be used to help pull the pig trains running in and out of Cordele.
 #1069076  by mterrell

Wow. 1325 looks like it is in pitiful shape...not sure if anything is wrong with it but you can see (or could see at least 5-6 months ago) a cab door open...hopefully no one has messed with it. If anyone gets any info about when it is moving let us know. I'd love to catch it on its way out. It's pretty buried in the weeds, a lot more than 4215 is.

Edit: According to this image (http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 160&nseq=1) it has been sitting there for over 5 years. Not sure how accurate that is but I do know it hasn't moved at least since June 2009.
 #1069704  by G&Fman

2009 is about right. Sometime in 2008 the 4215 sat there for several weeks getting her prime mover replaced. I believe the old one is still on the ramp.

A while back somebody took out/knocked out one of the 1325's numberboards on the short hood end. Guess the railroad didn't want to get another one made, so they welded a plate over the hole..........nice (sarcasm intended). Vagrants have definitely been climbing on the engine, as you can see where they "wrote" all over the dirty access doors.