• Fri - last chance to shoot club car w/electrics

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Grump

But if they staffed the multilevel trains properly with enough TCs, who would be left to collect the guarantee? And what would they do with all the extra revenue that actually got collected? OMG!
  by jp1822

3224 is now multilevel. Spotted the Club Car on the Hoboken train - 2304. Should be interesting to see what evening peak hour train gets the multilevel - 3269 departing at 5:34 p.m., 3267 departing at 5:26 p.m. (and occasionally got a multilevel in the past), or 3271 departing at 6:01 p.m.
  by cruiser939

jp1822 wrote:3224 is now multilevel. Spotted the Club Car on the Hoboken train - 2304. Should be interesting to see what evening peak hour train gets the multilevel - 3269 departing at 5:34 p.m., 3267 departing at 5:26 p.m. (and occasionally got a multilevel in the past), or 3271 departing at 6:01 p.m.
Should be interesting to see how many people in this forum don't read through the threads before asking a question: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 15#p732311 :P
  by blockline4180

cruiser939 wrote:
jp1822 wrote:3224 is now multilevel. Spotted the Club Car on the Hoboken train - 2304. Should be interesting to see what evening peak hour train gets the multilevel - 3269 departing at 5:34 p.m., 3267 departing at 5:26 p.m. (and occasionally got a multilevel in the past), or 3271 departing at 6:01 p.m.
Should be interesting to see how many people in this forum don't read through the threads before asking a question: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 15#p732311 :P
Haha, isn't that the 3rd time you linked that same already??
  by jp1822

blockline4180 wrote:
cruiser939 wrote:
Haha, isn't that the 3rd time you linked that same already??
Always interesting with NJT, as the Club Car was supposed to be on 2309 on the return from Hoboken, but it actually ended up on 2311. Makes more sense there as it aligns better with its previous schedule. First day of operational blips? Possibly. I would be surprised if 3269 gets a multilevel before 3224, as this is typically a more popular train, and as of last week it was still running with single level equipment.
  by Jtgshu

hahah Id keep your eye out on the Hoboken division for the club car - never know if they might grab a Bay Head train's equipment when its laying over in Hill Yard, to make a round trip to somewhere before the evening rush! :)

with regards to the equipment of the 3269, etc, it really could be any train, wiht any equipment now. That train set was held captive in SSYD during the day when the club car went to NY. It only did one trip in in the AM, and sat til 3269 (or whatever it was that had the club car). Now that that specific train set isn't required for 3269, it could be MLs one day, comet the next, etc, like every other train on the railroad
  by ApproachMedium

How long untill Bay Head has MLs and they are pushing the club car outta there too?
  by Silverliner II

Jtgshu wrote:Jimzim - the MLs don't like to couple or uncouple from anything but themselves. why? I dunno, but it makes it for quite a challenge when spotting the SandI building......
The MLs don't seem to like uncoupling from our freights either. I was passing by South Kearny when a few arrived a couple weeks back on Q703. That train was in the yard trying to uncouple from 3 ML's. I saw the conductor in the appearance of swearing at the cars, and briefly switched to the yard channel to hear "All right maybe if you jiggle the train this d**m thing will come loose. Pull ahead a car. Far enough, far enough, that didn't do it...screw it, let's see if we can leave our rear car against these things..."

In any event, I've not ever gotten to see car 5459 since it was 5759 before rebuild. Is the entire car for club members only, or is it a half-and-half configuration?
  by checkthedoorlight

When the club car's equipment gets borrowed for other runs, are they allowed to open it for regular passengers?
  by Jtgshu

checkthedoorlight wrote:When the club car's equipment gets borrowed for other runs, are they allowed to open it for regular passengers?
they can open up the regular part of hte car, but not the club car part. Most times, the crews just close off the whole car.
  by blockline4180

ApproachMedium wrote:How long untill Bay Head has MLs and they are pushing the club car outta there too?
Until all the Comet III's and then II's are retired???
  by CNJGeep

I know I'm taking this a wee bit off topic here, but:
I went down to Joline Ave. at about 1830 to see if I could catch the club car on 2309.
3272 screamed by going east.
There was a westbound creeping by on the other track, and as it came closer, I saw the destination sign said "Hoboken." I thought for a quick second that it was 2309 and the train had been deliberatly sent up & down backwards. But it was a Comet IV against the power. So the train ended up being 6001-6-4024. Was this 2307? What happened in Hoboken if it was?
  by jp1822

CNJGeep wrote:I know I'm taking this a wee bit off topic here, but:
I went down to Joline Ave. at about 1830 to see if I could catch the club car on 2309.
3272 screamed by going east.
There was a westbound creeping by on the other track, and as it came closer, I saw the destination sign said "Hoboken." I thought for a quick second that it was 2309 and the train had been deliberatly sent up & down backwards. But it was a Comet IV against the power. So the train ended up being 6001-6-4024. Was this 2307? What happened in Hoboken if it was?
Club Car went on 2311 from Hoboken to Bay Head yesterday evening (i.e. 5:45 p.m. out of Hoboken) instead of 2309. Mornings it seems to be a regular now on 2304. Evenings though - who knows. I am sure the Club has a contract with NJT that specifies the term of the "lease." Once the lease is up then they likely have to re-negotiate to either outfit a newer NJT car or adios! This car was just re-built in 2004 as part of the Comet II refurbs.
  by cruiser939

jp1822 wrote:
cruiser939 wrote:
I would be surprised if 3269 gets a multilevel before 3224, as this is typically a more popular train, and as of last week it was still running with single level equipment.
Again, REALLY?!: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 15#p732311