Railroad Forums 

• FL9 F-10 Discussion: Metro-North / CtDOT / Amtrak

• This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.
This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#109509  by mainline

Maybe they could run the excursions out of Croton Harmon? I'm sure they would have no trouble making it to CH. It certainly would be easier for me to get CH from Long Island. Remember all the NHRS List trips were run out of Jamaica and not Penn Station.

#109547  by MN Jim

We are considering a cab unit trip, and if it operates, it would probably originate in Stamford.

Jim

#110603  by Supaned

Guys,

I am flying out to NYC this sunday from the UK for a week railfanning/shopping with the girlfriend. I intend to have a ride up to New Haven on tuesday via the Danbury and Waterbury shuttles. Can anybody post any up-to-date info as to which F-units are working where , also if anybody knows where the CDOT Gennies are working please also post as I'd like some pics of those too.

Finally , if any of the engineers who post have any influence as to which F-units go where, please please can we have an F10 working ?

Thanks and see you next week

Rich (aka Supaned)

#110613  by DutchRailnut

The 2024 is on 3 car Danbury shuttle. other shuttle has 221 for power.
The waterbury has a Genny too.
The CDOT Gennies roam all over system and are not on same spot. I had 230 on 1869 yesterday with a matching CDOT consist but that is very rare.

#111015  by Otto Vondrak

CDOT FL9 2024 was on the Danbury Branch today (who painted the new road number on the flanks? with a shop stencil?? oh and can someone repair the engineer's side number board? it reads "20 4"). Photographed him at Redding and at Danbury.

CDOT FL9 2014 is on the Wassaic shuttle. Photographed him at Wassaic, and from the livestock auction just south of the station at last light. Good stuff.

-otto-

#111029  by AmtrakFan

ATK wrote:All this talk about CDOT not having any locomotives to pull these new VRE cars and yet in the last post I count 4 FL9m's with no assignments. I would assume the Genesis fleet can cover the rest of the schedule. Am I missing something here? Why not send these units back to Connecticut to work the Shoreline trains? What's the deal here???
I know that Amtrak P40's are possibly pulling the new cars.

#111037  by DutchRailnut

The FL9's are no longer dual mode, and are not allowed east of New Haven due to them not having ACSES cab signal. so were other than the 3 branchlines would you operate these spare FL9m's ???
 #111560  by nh chris

Saw cab no. 2024 moving three coaches westbound between Rye and Harrison this a.m.

#112654  by DutchRailnut

2027 and 2011 on shuttle in Brewster.
413 on A shuttle in Danbury, but it may be shopped for broken side window, glass is taped with duct tape.
the B shuttle may have goten new power yesterday as it went to New York
Waterbury had a FL9m

#112924  by ANDY117

Today i saw 2016 at Stamford, coupled to 104. one of the F10's was there also. What's going on with all the ones at Harmon? There were also some ACMU's there today.

#112930  by DutchRailnut

Tomorrows shuttle in Danbury 2016 and 3 cars.
Sundays Shuttle will be 204 with 2 cars.
Brewster has 2011/2027 and two cars.
Waterbury has genny I think.
 #112935  by nh chris

Any news on units that have been scrapped recently?

#112954  by Terminal Proceed

The Brewtser F ubits crapped out tonight. They had to do a equipment swap at the platform for 900 tonite.

#112970  by DutchRailnut

news on units scrapped ?? yeah your shaving with them ??
latest is that first FL9AC's are being cut up, probably LIRR 300-301-302